Inspiration for the top of our boardroom table is a surfacing whale, with its distinctive blowhole and gracious lines.
The table’s legs, which in their design recall a whale’s imposing skeleton, are made of robust PEFC oak.
The surface is exquisitely finished using PET felt that has been heated and pressed to give it a luxurious look-&-feel.
The intermediate layer of the table top is also made from recycled PET bottles. Like the Plastic Whale boats, part of the intermediate layer is made from PET foam.
Our Whale Boardroom Table is part of the Plastic Whale by Vepa collection including the Whale Tail Chair, Barnacle Lamps and Whale Panels.
- The table top is divided into four modular segments
- Made from recycled PET bottles
- For the 8 person boardroom table we use 1004 bottles, the 12 person table contains 1305 bottles
- Felt consists for 100% of recycled PET bottles
- Felt is REACH and RoHS compliant
- Inlay is customized
- Console with four power connections meeting the European standard
- Steel plate contains the text: ‘This table is made from Amsterdam Canal Plastic’
- Designed by LAMA concept
- The length of the boardroom table is 4000 mm (8 person) or 5230 mm (12 person), width: 1400 mm and height: 754 mm
- Oeko-Tex certified PET-felt (4 mm) for table top
- Oeko-Tex certified PET-felt for blowhole
- PET-foam (30 mm) for the intermediate layer
- PEFC-certified oak for the table legs
- PEFC- certified oak for inlay
- Birch plywood (9 mm) for the intermediate layer, available as responsible certified FSC®- wood for the table top
- Chrome-plated metal spreader bars (8 mm) for the table legs
- Steel plate (3 mm) for the finish ends